Friday 2 May 2014

Farewell…


Mrs McCabe has been working for a very long time at Avonmore Primary School, but alas everyone has to leave and this is her time. Before she left, I managed to give her a quick interview. I asked her what her favourite memories were. She said, “There was good and bad times. The good times were when my Year 2 class in 2010 (also known as us in 2010) sang ‘Look for the Silver Lining’ in the sharing assembly. And when we had tea time with the parents. Those were very memorable moments.” After when I asked her on her bad moments she said, “The bad moment was when Mr Hale was in New Zealand and Mrs Mathews and I were in charge. At lunchtime the fire alarm went off. I was panicking so much because I didn’t know what to do. It was funny and scary!” Later I asked her if she will miss Avonmore Primary School. She said “Yes I will. I have made lots of friends and they will be missed.” Finally, I asked her if she will come back soon. She replied, “I will be back to only visit. Alas, I will not be back to work.” After 9 years of work Mrs McCabe will have to leave and we will all miss her. Goodbye, Mrs McCabe!

No comments:

Post a Comment