Friday 19 October 2012

Junior Citizen

On Thursday 4th October, year 6 went to Junior Citizens. We learned various things about drugs, public transportation, fires, robbers, not taking things from strangers and putting your seat belt on. It was amazing!!! My personal 2 favourites were the robbery and the drugs. In the robbery, which was a role play, a woman called Tracy pretended to be a robber and grabbed us and asked for our money and phones. We got quite scared even though we knew it was fake. When we were learning about drugs, and while a guy called Kieran was talking about that a lady came in and gave me a package. I had no idea what was in it. To be honest, I thought it was a sandwich but I guess I was wrong. I know this because a policeman came in and opened the package and it turns out that there was cocaine (sugar) in the bag and he pretended to be really mad with me, but that was also a role-play. The last thing that we did was seatbelt safety where we learned the importance of wearing a seatbelt in a car. There was a machine with a seat at the end of it and I was chosen to go sit in the seat. At this stage, I didn’t know what to expect! They told me that it would slide to the other side of the track and push me forward with the force that a car in a crash would have. It was so scary but it was really exciting at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment